How & Why We Started:
Pure Indian Foods is a family-owned business that takes pride in making an exceptional quality grass-fed and certified organic Ghee (clarified butter), grass-fed and certified organic Cultured Ghee, delicious herbal and spiced ghee, and PRIMALFAT™ Coconut Ghee. We have been in the ghee business in Northern India for 5-generations, since 1889.
Every jar of the ghee, cultured ghee, and coconut ghee that we sell is handmade by Mrs. Agarwal in New Jersey.
Our Message to You:
Who doesn’t like butter? However, many people can’t tolerate dairy products like butter due to their protein and sugar contents. Butter contains 80% fat; the rest is water and milk solids (protein and sugar). Ghee is prepared by melting the butter at low temperature so that fat and milk solids separate. Water evaporates, the milk solids are filtered out and you get delicious golden colored pure butterfat called ghee. Ghee has a high smoke point which makes it an excellent choice for deep fat frying, baking and sautéing. Because of the low moisture content, it can be stored without refrigeration for months.
PRIMALFAT™ Coconut Ghee is a 50/50 blend of Organic Grass-fed Ghee and Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. This is truly a delicious, powerfully nutritious natural cooking and baking blend. Why?
- Coconut oil has a low smoke point, limiting its uses in cooking. Blending with ghee naturally increases the smoke point, making Coconut Ghee ideal for higher-heat cooking.
- Both coconut oil and ghee are natural, health-building fats that complement one another beautifully, providing nutritional excellence with great taste and versatility.
- Ghee is rich in fat-soluble vitamins and short-chain fatty acids, whereas Coconut oil is rich in easily digestible medium-chain fatty acids that provide warmth and energy.
- Ideal for baking, sautéing, stir-frying, and more. Coconut Ghee adds delicate, exquisite flavor to all of your favorite foods and recipes without an overpowering coconut flavor.
- All of our ghee products are handmade here in the USA and are USDA Certified Organic.
- Our ghee is made using milk produced only in spring and fall, when the cows are actually out on the pasture eating rapidly growing fresh green grass.
- We package our ghee products in glass jars to avoid dangerous toxic chemicals that can leech from plastic containers.
- Our Spiced Ghees, flavored with organic herbs and spices, were featured in a Food Stuff column in The New York Times.
Pure Indian Foods – Certified Organic & Grass-Fed Ghee
Based in New Jersey and serving the continental USA