A little bit about me:
Dr. Carrie is an Integrative Medicine Practitioner, specializing in treating the body with diet, lifestyle, and nutritional adjustments while incorporating the synergy of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The path that led her to a holistic modality of medicine began while training in various disciplines of martial arts since childhood. A successful martial artist has their whole body and mind in balance. This interest in seeing the body as a whole sparked an interest in treating the patient population she was most familiar, athletes. This naturally led her to educational endeavors towards pursuing health and wellness at Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge. There she was able to work within the more traditional allopathic approaches to sports injuries and rehabilitation while receiving her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology.
After working with athletes through her time at LSU she realized there was a pressing need for a more comprehensive and holistic blend between the current approaches to sports medicine and more integrative ideologies. She wanted to see athletes preventing injuries, performing better, and achieving their goals with minimal surgical or pharmaceutical involvement. Through extensive clinical internships and research Carrie discovered the benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine in the treatment of a myriad of conditions.
Carrie later continued her education in Austin, TX pursuing a career in therapeutic medicine at the Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, AOMA, where she obtained her Masters in Oriental Medicine.
Dr. Carrie has diplomat status with NCCAOM in Acupuncture, Foundations, Biomedicine, and Chinese Herbal Therapies, in addition to certifications through the American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia as a Tuina practitioner. She also received a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, which provided her with the unique opportunity to intern with collegiate teams; working with athletes in rehabilitating, treating and preventing sports injuries.
• Licensed Doctor of Oriental Medicine by the Florida Medical Board
• Licensed Acupuncturist by the Texas Medical Board
• Graduate of Louisiana State University – Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology
• Graduate of The Graduate School of Integrative Medicine at Austin – MS in Oriental Medicine (over 3,000 hour intensive program)
• Nationally Certified by the National Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and holds Diplomate status in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology
• Member of American Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (AAAOM)
• Member of Florida State Oriental Medical Association (FSOMA)
• Member of American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia (AOBTA) • First Responder CPR and AED certified since 2004
True resolution of medical maladies resides within the individual. My role as a physician is to provide the tools and education to empower my patients with the resources they need to achieve optimal health.
Carrie Graves, DOM, AP
Telephone: (727) 216-6929
28467 US Highway 19 North
Clearwater, FL 33761