Understand thyroid toxins, nutrients and goitrogens and their effects on thyroid function. The thyroid is highly sensitive to certain foods, heavy metals and chemicals that displace Iodine or disrupt the manufacture or conversion of T4 hormone and the active T3.
Here’s some of the topics on this Primal Diet – Modern Health podcast:
- How mercury in your fillings and certain seafood interfere with T4 to T3 conversion
- Common chemicals you’re exposed to daily that displace Iodine
- Iodine supplements and sea vegetables
- Estrogen and Cortisol effects on the thyroid
- Goitrogens in foods and how much is safe to eat (watch those Smoothies!)
- The importance of Selenium, the correct dose and how to get it from Brazil Nuts
- The effect of illness, injury and trauma on thyroid function
Click on the podcast link above or find me on iTunes or Stitcher. Subscribe to the show and please take a moment to leave a review. It helps iTunes promote the show to new listeners.
Here’s links to some things I talk about on this show:
Thyroid Toxins, Goitrogens and Nutrients blog post
TMI by Systemic Formulas for Iodine, Iodide and Selenium
Gf Thyroid by Systemic Formulas for thyroid support if you are NOT on Rx meds
Alaria for a sea vegetable with Iodine
5 Steps I Took to Heal Leaky Gut
Herpes and Shingles podcast
Consult for Saliva Testing (and more)
The post Thyroid Toxins and Nutrients Podcast appeared first on Gluten Free Paleo Health Advice | Beverly Meyer | Podcast & Resources.