Last week, I talked about what Leaky Gut is, what causes it, and what problems it can lead to. We know that what goes on in your gut doesn’t just stay in your gut, but communicates with your immune system and even your brain. Leaky Gut can trigger chronic low-level inflammatory reactions responsible for depression, anxiety, autoimmune diseases like Hashimoto’s, allergies and food intolerances, weight gain, brain fog, and more.
Healing your gut is not hard to do, and it is the most important first step in treating most chronic conditions. To simplify the process, I teach my patients the 4R program. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, it can take from about 4-6 weeks to 6 months to fully heal. Symptom improvement is your best guide to resolution.
Listen here to learn how to get started healing your gut today. If you prefer to read, here’s my article with the steps you can take.
You can Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud
“We know that what goes on in your gut doesn’t just stay in your gut.” – Aviva Romm
- The problems that leaky gut can cause
- Why leaky gut is so common
- The four R’s of gut healing: removing, replacing, reinoculating, and repairing
- How to remove your triggers
- Why you might try an elimination diet
“The association between what’s going on in our gut and what’s going on in our mood is clear.” – Aviva Romm
- How to replace digestive enzymes
- Why we need stomach acid
- The importance of eating green vegetables
- How to reinoculate your gut flora
- What supplements can help reinoculate your gut
- How to adjust doses for kids
- Learn which produce is important to buy organic by checking out the clean fifteen and the dirty dozen
- Get some of Urban Moonshine’s digestive bitters
- For kids, check out my course The Allergy Epidemic
The post NatMD Radio: How to Heal Leaky Gut appeared first on Aviva Romm.
Read more here:: http://avivaromm.com/heal-leaky-gut