Today I’m talking to one of the cheeriest, lovable people I know, Amie Valpone. Amie is a chef, culinary nutritionist, and recipe developer, food photographer, writer, and motivational speaker, as well as the creator and editor-in-chief of TheHealthyApple.com. In addition she recently wrote a beautiful book called Eating Clean.
Amie’s approach is centered around eating a variety of whole, fresh foods – mostly free of gluten, dairy, soy, and refined sugar. One of the fundamentals of her “clean manifesto” is to eat foods that make your body feel good.
Her personal story is a powerful and inspiring one with a happy ending, as Amie turned to functional and integrative medicine to heal herself from a series of chronic conditions from which western medicine provided no relief. Amie really believes that food is your best medicine. I think you’re going to love her story and her message as much as I do.
You can Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud
“I found it really uplifting and empowering to know that I was behind this and I was helping myself feel better.” – Amie Valpone
- What happened on her wellness journey
- How Amie’s life changed when she was misdiagnosed with leukemia
- How she founded The Healthy Apple
- Why you have to take control of your own health
- What is functional medicine
- Why you have to get out of the victim role
- The value of going through old blood work
- How Amie learned to work with her body
“I think a lot of people blame themselves, and I had to really learn how to forgive myself for going through all of this and to learn to work with my body.” – Amie Valpone
- How you can help yourself
- What is survival overdrive syndrome
- How to be with yourself
- What changes Amie made to her diet
- Why you can’t deprive yourself of flavor
- How your tastebuds can reset
- How to replace unhealthy foods
- Get a copy of Amie’s book Eating Clean
- Follow Amie’s writing on The Healthy Apple
- Read my blog post on “the quickie”
- Listen to my podcast with Pilar Gerasimo about ultradian rhythms
- Connect with Amie:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest
“Once you see how great you can feel, you’ll never think twice about going back to your old ways.” – Amie Valpone
The post NatMD Radio: Eating Clean with Amie Valpone appeared first on Aviva Romm.
Read more here:: http://avivaromm.com/amie-valpone